Field Examinations Board
The Field Examinations Board operates by the Director of the Inland Navigation Office in Warsaw under the article 27 act 1 of the regulation of the Minister of Infrastructure of 23 January 2003 con-cerning the professional qualifications and the team of the crew of the ships of inland navigation (Dz.U. No. 50, item 427 as amended).
The Field Examinations Board quizzes on the followings certificates:
- Certificate of the chief seaman
- Certificate of the helmsman
- Certificate of the motorman
- Pilotage Exemption Certificate
- Carrier Certificate
- Helmsman Certificat
A person who applies for the admission to the examination should submit the following documents to the Commission’s Chair at least a week before the deadline of the exam::
- Application for admission to the examination
- Health certificate
- Shipping excerpt based on the record in the navigation workbook
- School certificate
- Previous qualification document (if such exists)
- 2 photographs sized 2 cm x 2,5 cm
- Proof of payment for the exam in the amount of 100 PLN for the examination of certificate and 150 PLN for the examination of qualification certificate.
Two exam sessions are predicted (one in the spring session and one in the autumn session). The deadlines of the exams are fixed dependently of the number of applications. At least 10 applications have to arrive to convene the exam session. In case of many candidates, there is a possibility to take an exam in an additional deadline.