Issuance and verification of seaman’s work book
Regulation of the Minister of Infrastructure of 8 May 2002 on seaman’s work book of the crew member of the ship within inland waterway transport (Dz. U. of 2002 No. 70, item 651).
I Required documents (attachments required for the application)
- A document confirming professional qualifications authorizing to work on inland waterway vessels.
- A certificate of good health, stating ability to work on inland waterway vessels.
- Two recent photographs with dimensions: 3.5 × 4.5 cm,
- and identity card or passport to be submitted for inspection
- Proof of payment of fees for seaman’s book,
- zaświadczenie o przeszkoleniu na stanowisko młodszego marynarza.
Seaman’s book- 30 PLN
Payments for seaman’s work book should be done to the account of the Office of Inland Navigation in Warsaw.
III Deadline for completion of matter
Up to14 days from the date of submission of application.
In order to verify the correctness and reliability of the entries made, they are revised once every 12 months from the date of the last verification (first verification after 12 months from the date of the book issuance).
In the case of a break between journeys lasting more than 12 months from the date of the last review, the entries are subject to verification within 12 months from the start of the journey.
Verification shall be conducted by the director of the office of inland navigation.
After carrying out the verification director of the office of inland navigation has the right to require the submission of logbooks, their extracts or other documents.
After verification, the director of the office of inland navigation makes a record of the conducted verification in the book.
If the book possessor does not submit the book for verification before the deadline, the entries made after this date will not be accepted.
Verification shall be carried out at the written request of the person concerned.